Saturday, April 10, 2010

Weekly Cleaning List


We have just spent the week getting into the grove of our daily routine. It's similar in nature to that outlined in Mother's Rule of Life and Flylady. So today, I dust out our monthly routine. I really like Martha Stewart's version and have transcribed them in an excel workbook. I've added four columns next to each task for every week. I check off each task as I go along. I've also modified the list by repeating categories for rooms with similar functions. For example, instead of simply Bedrooms, I have Master Bedroom, Boys Bedroom and Girls Bedroom. I suppose this might go against my simple philosophy but with my pregnant brain, I can forget simple things like take out trash and brush the toddlers' teeth. :) Maybe in a month, I'll be ready to tackle the Monthly Cleaning List. Oh, and this is a huge dream, I'll actually get to the Seasonal Cleaning List, Preparing Your Home for Summer list, Prepare Your Home for Winter list. Although truthfully, I don't do half of the suggestions on the list because I don't have that much stuff to clean. *grinz* The beauty of decluttering!

No comments: