Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Simple Daily Assignmet

I've uploaded the present daily assignment sheet for my 7 year old. He's a strong reader and all this work is done independently.

The "T" correspond to days when I "test" him. So for his math test, I ask him to tell me how he solved a particular problem. For his Primsleur test, I listen into his lesson.

What doesn't show on this sheet is that the day before when we have our one-on-one time, he rolls a dice which corresponds to a book reading. I highlight the corresponding box to indicate that I will be asking him to tell me about his reading the next day.

Should a book be finished in the middle of the lesson plan, I simply replace it with another book either from the same genre or another.

The number of the empty check boxes is determined by how many I can squeeze into one spreadsheet.

As of now, he's half way done with this sheet and some of the books have already switched out. I plan to have the next daily assignment sheet to have more expanded genres and also more activities but the layout should be the same.

No comments: