I find that there is a strong need for me to improve in my feminine beauty. It re-enforces to yourself that you are indeed worth the extra effort. When you are well put-together, it's help puts you in the mindset that the day will continue forth with as much care and reverance. And truthfully, even my kids respond to me differently, carressing my hair gently as they coo about how beautiful their mother is. I love to give them that memory of their mother.
A few things that I have done for the pursuit of feminine beauty:
- Throw out frumpy clothes for example sweats, clothes with stains or holes
- When I need new bottoms, I purchase skirts. They inherently look more polished though I do wear jeans and cargos.
- Instill a daily regime. I don't wear make-up or blow-dry my hair so it's even more important that the basics are taken of. For my face, I wash with either a daily scrub or basic facial soap followed by moisturizer with sun-screen. As for my hair, it air-dries with strategically placed clips and a leave-in conditioner. If that fails, there is always the pony-tail. And I always, always moisturize my body. Expensive products are not necessary. I'm a L'Oreal, Pantene and Cetaphil kinda gal!
- Instill a weekly routine. Included in my weekly cleaning routine is spa time. It includes a facial mask, plucking my eyebrows, nail care, a body scrub and healthy dose of moisturizer. Speaking of which, I should add back in my homemade hair mask.
A few things that I'm going to try for:
- Get fit. Fit and healthy people just generally look better.
- Spruce up my wardrobe with a few dressier items like tops, pencil skirts, heels and handbags. Emily has a good guideline for wardrobe staples.
- Wear accessories to weekend Mass and other special occasions.
- Get haircuts more regularly.
- Figure out how to do my hair for special occasions.
2 comments:
I've been trying to incorporate this exact same content for the past couple of years now. I got an earring tree at TJ Maxx so that my earrings are displayed on my dresser and therefore I can more readily see them and chose a pair for Mass or special occasions. That is about the only thing I've been able to do... And I've bought to [ankle length] skirts at Ross. I rock at plans, but not so much on the whole fruition part...
Oh, and I'm an AVEENO gal. I decided that even though I can get stuff that's cheaper, I'm going to get what I like (and is still reasonable) in an attempt to augment the effects of taking care of myself. AVEENO everything. (And I do Matrix curl shampoo/conditioner/product.) :D
Post a Comment