Sunday, March 21, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY... March 21, 2010

Outside my window...
it's a lovely sunny, spring day. I wish I am outside but am stuck in a hotel room due to a bad back and a flooded basement.

I am hearing... my two young toddlers playing with cardboard boxes and microwave; Just in case you are wondering, they're just opening and shutting them over and over again. :) My younger son is blowing bubbles in his bath tub.

I am thinking... about moves, packing and how to do it with a bad back. About a not-so-new-life in a new city and what it would be like to live somewhere for more than two years.

I am thankful for... my understanding husband who insists that he refuses to let me hurt myself for the sake of a move. How can one man be so patient?

I am wearing... maternity knit shirt and shorts. I feel hot despite the air-conditioning blasting at 68F.

I am reading...Montessori: The Science behind the Genius. I'm following in love with Montessori all over again. It was my first love and probably something that would always resonate in my heart. My husband has complimented me saying that this past year has been our best homeschooling year ever and not to change it. So instead of revamping our successes, I'm thinking of encouraging more quiet periods of concentration for my children. I'm hoping to create an area where my boys can work quietly and without interference from the girls on projects of their own choosing like jigsaw puzzles, art projects. They already do some independent school work each day but it would be nice to have an area clearly defined for their private use. I'm thinking of fostering more spontaneous research by my boys; They have plenty of questions about the world. It is time to encourage pursuit of answers instead of brushing them aside because of inconvenience.

From the learning rooms... the learning room is closed. We were asked to vacate our residence due to flooding in the basement. For your information, the basement is where our bedrooms are, the family closet and our one full bathroom. It was a shock to wake up to your bed bobbing in a couple inches of water. School will hopefully resume in a month after the move.

I am creating.... a baby. It looks like this is going to be another big fellow! I'm dreaming of sewing again and perhaps some gardening in our new place. Nothing adventurous. A few potted plants and perhaps sewing a few bottoms for the baby.

Pondering these words.. " Don't worry Mommy! I'll help stack the boxes so you won't hurt your back again. Remember how strong I could move all those packages for you the other day? I'm really strong." from C.

From the kitchen... a perk from hotel stays is room service complimentary of our apartment's building management. My favorite orders are their cheeseburger and the salmon salad.

Around the house... Boxes waiting to be sealed up. Boxes waiting to be filled. Just lots of boxes just waiting. I also have lots of stuff that probably got destroyed from the flood. Oh well, at least it's a no brainer whether to toss them out now.

One of my favorite things... family. My patient husband. My oldest son who is so caring it brings me to tears. My other son who is so cheerful I can never be sad for long. My puppy-dog girls who smoother me with kisses and hugs. And my baby who kicks me out bed.

1 comment:

KC said...

So glad you are back to blogging. Where're you headed next?