There is no question about the importance of disciplining our children, but what about our own self-discipline? Homeschooling mothers must have self-discipline. We need to ask ourselves questions, such as "Am I able to control myself so I don't use angry words with the children? Or with my husband in front of the children? Do I discipline the children when I should, or is it just too difficult to bother with it?
I would like to add to Mrs. Clark. Am I able discipline my use of time? Do I finish my work and responsibilities before I play? Do I honestly take care of myself or indulge myself in activities that only set myself back. This all sounds harsh but I do find that on the days that I exercise more discipline, I feel accomplised, relaxed and happy. And it doesn't mean that I'm simply checking off the boxes. I've included "bonding and conveying love to my family" as part of the routine. It's about figuring what's important in my life and disciplining myself to live a life I envisioned.
A related excerpt from the same book -
Certain home schoolers and home school leaders believe that the "burnout" experienced by some home schooling mothers is due to structured programs or the structured classroom approach. This is to simplistic. Burnout can be caused by lack of organization, lack of discipline, lack of support by the spouse, antagonism by family and friends, and personal and family problems. It also can be caused by the amount of work required by parents for an unstructured program.
No comments:
Post a Comment