Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Carnival of the Littles Week 1 : The Train Ride

Down by the station
Early in the morning.
See the little pufferbellies
All in a row.
See the train master
Pull his little handle
Puff, puff! Choo, choo!
Off we go!


Welcome aboard the first edition of Carnival of the Littles! Find your seats and hold onto your hats. It's going to be a fun ride!

First stop: Babylove

Whoops! Guess we arrived too early. Rebecca and her little one are still snuggling under the covers. Guess we had better move along. Sleep tight, Rebecca. Every mother knows how to cherish those sleeping moments. :)

Next stop: Sweetness and Light

Looks like we have stepped into a butterfly garden. Quick grab your nets. If you are lucky, one might just land on you. :) Meredith shares that look of wonder that never ceases to amaze us. While you are there, do give props to the responsible mom who made sure her little one is well-protected from the sun. While we are at it, don't forget to put on sunblock on this trip and drink plenty of water. Kids dehydrate so easily!

Next stop: By Sun and Candlelight

Dawn has so much to share! Gather around her as she spins a glorious tale with tree blocks, gnomes and puppets. Wait, don't leave yet! She even prepared some art materials so that your little ones can have a take-home souvenir. Should you feel inspired to carry on her good work at your home, Dawn gives advice on how to keep your little ones' hands busy

Before we come to the end of the ride, please do stop by the snack bar.
Lillian has to put together a large assortment of food for thought. You can't possible go hungry on this ride!

Should you be inclined to rush this little train to Harvard or whatever final desination you have in mind, read what Alicia has to say about what a four year old should know. While you are there, do take time to read her other inspiring articles. It just makes you wish this ride would be nice and sloooooowwwww.

Well, that concludes our trip! I hope you've enjoyed your journey with us. Don't forget to let your kids blow the whistle a few more times before disembarking!

Next stop, who knows?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful carnival, Genevieve! I am so happy to have been a part - and I'm looking forward to the next one! :)

Anonymous said...

Great job Genevieve! I'm new to blogging and I tried to think of something to post, but I was not inspired. Maybe I can take part in your next one.

Rebecca said...

Genevieve, I am late reading the carnival because my basement flooded but I wanted to thank you for this great idea! I love it!

Anonymous said...

oops! Sorry I mised the train getting my info to you! I hope you do this again! I have enjoyed visiting!!

Anonymous said...

What a great job here and such a neat idea! I hope you do it again and will try to participate. :)